The North West Development Corporation (SOC) Ltd hereby invites tenders from reputable and suitably qualified Short Term Insurance Brokers. (more…)
Read the featured interview with NWDC CEO Mojalefa Nale published in the latest edition of PMR Africa. The feature follows NWDC’s recent achievement of winning three PMR awards. Click here to read the PMR Africa publication on-line.
Did you know that the NWDC owns an extensive property portfolio? We lease a wide range of properties across the North West and parts of Gauteng. Our available suite of properties for rent include factory space, workshops, light industrial, heavy industrial and retail space. Click here to view our listings of more than 64 000 square metres of available properties for rent.
The Research and Development division of the NWDC released its Economic Data Report for the third quarter of 2014/15.
The report highlights the current state of the global economy, and also discusses South African and North West Province realities. These include South Africa’s export intensity, critical factors to watch as well as its global competitiveness.
Other focus areas include a section on Trade, Foreign Direct Investment and an outlook on the manufacturing sector.
Calling all exporters – Do you manufacture or export
- Wood pellets;
- Sunflower/Soybean cooking oil;
- Canola oil;
- Copper cathodes or
- Marula & miracle berries
The latest trade leads received internationally have been released by the dti. Registered exporters who are able to supply the products listed above are encouraged to reply.
To access the complete Trade Lead Bulletin document, click here.
Exporters are kindly requested to respond to trade enquiries if they meet the criteria specified below:
1. South African manufacturer registered as an exporter with Customs (South African Revenue Services).
2. Export ready South African Exporter.
3. Have the capacity, resources and funds to supply the market where the lead originated from.
4. Manufactures / exports the exact product requested by the importer.
5. Capacity to supply the quantity requested.
If your company meets the above-mentioned criteria and is interested in supplying the product/service, please complete the Reply Form and return it to the dti and NWDC as per the email addresses supplied on the reply form.
The NWDC’s Trade & Investment office invites interested companies in the automotive components sector, steel manufacturing as well as bicycle and auto parts manufacturing to contact us directly should you wish to attend a B2B meeting with a high level business delegation from India.
Interested companies are urged to contact Sam on 014 594 2570 or send an “Expression of Interest” email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 January 2015
On Tuesday, 2 December 2014, the NWDC in partnership with the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), hosted two informative dialogue sessions. The first session was a roundtable with provincial exporters and subject specialists to discuss opportunities and challenges in the export sector. The evening session formed part of the SARB’s provincial roadshow tour of stakeholder engagement on its Monetary Policy.
The North West Development Corporation (SOC) Ltd walked away with not only 1 but 3 awards at the prestigious PMR (Professional Market Research) Awards ceremony held in Mahikeng on the 27th of November 2014.
Lauded for their contributions, NWDC received awards in the following categories:
- Diamond Arrow Award for Companies/Institutions held in high esteem as good corporate citizens based on their corporate responsibility initiatives and investments over the past 12 months.
- Diamond Arrow Award for Companies/Institutions doing most in their sectors over the past 12 months to stimulate the economic growth & development of the North West Province
- Golden Arrow Award for Companies/Institutions doing most to enhance & promote sustainable development.
We are humbled but extremely proud to receive these awards said Mr Mojalefa Nale, CEO of the NWDC. The Corporation continuously strives to improve in all areas and make a difference in the North West Province and empower its People. These awards show we are on the right track. However, said Nale, this could not have been achieved without the support of the people of the Province, our Board, Management and employees. The contribution made by our staff is commendable. Without them, we would not have received these awards.
World Aids Day is held each year on 1 December and is an opportunity for all to unite in the fight against HIV, show support for people living with HIV and to pay tribute to those who have died. NWDC staff held a short ceremony to honour not only those suffering from this pandemic but also for loved ones being affected by the disease.
The South African Reserve Bank invites interested parties to a Monetary Policy Forum meeting to be held in Rustenburg on Tuesday, 2 December 2014 at 17:00.
A panel of senior Reserve Bank representatives will present recent domestic and international developments that have impacted on inflation, motivating the rationale behind the Reserve Bank’s monetary policy stance.
Key audiences to whom attendance is applicable include:
- Members of the public;
- The local business community;
- Provincial and local government;
- Organised labour;
- Post-graduate students; and
Details on the Forum are as follows:
- Tuesday, 2 December 2014
- Registration at 17:00
- Meeting to commence at 17:30
- Safari Lodge, Donkerhoek Road, Rustenburg
- Entrance is free of charge. RSVP is required as seats are limited.
* Kindly note that we have been experiencing email connectivity problems; please confirm your attendance telephonically with Connie Iliadis on 014 594 2570*
South African Reserve Bank – visit site